What to do after a Dog Bite
Help for Los Angeles Dog Bite Victims
Being bitten by a dog may be disconcerting and a difficult situation to deal with. However, there are particular steps you can take in order to help to preserve your right to take legal action and recover financial compensation for your injuries. First and foremost, our law firm welcomes calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if you would like to undergo a free consultation with a Los Angeles dog bite attorney. We have also listed some basic steps that you may find helpful after a dog bite:
- Try to identify the animal that attacked you, as well as the owner.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Get the contact and insurance information of the dog owner.
- Get the contact information of any witnesses who saw what occurred.
- Take photographs of your wounds, clothing, the dog, the scene of the incident, and anything else you believe may be pertinent to the incident.
- Keep detailed records of any medical care you receive as well as of the incident itself and what you remember.
- If the dog owner’s insurance company contacts you, make sure you do not discuss who was responsible for the incident. Do not accept a settlement or accept any money from the insurance company without talking to an attorney first.
- Contact an attorney as soon as possible. Your initial consultation with Pacific Attorney Group is free, and this will be your opportunity to discuss what occurred and determine whether you can file a claim or lawsuit against the dog owner to recover financial damages.
Making the decision to involve a lawyer as early as possible is important, while the facts are still fresh in your mind. To get started with your case, contact a Los Angeles dog bite lawyer at our firm today!